The Rentable Writer

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Okay, I admit it: I like mushy scenes

Okay, okay, I admit it. I know no guy is supposed to like the 'mushygirly' Love Scene, but I just wrote my first, and I feel great. It went just how I wanted. My main character spoke for the first time to his soon-to-be love interest, and things went along from there. I don't think I'll be writing a sex scene any time soon, especially after reading Sandra Ruttan's recent post on the Killer Year Blog. But this love scene ... the only way to describe it is "cute." I put my feelings on love (and lust) into it, and I feel so good after writing. To my surprise, it's my favorite thing I've written so far in the whole novel Here's an excerpt:

    She went inside, her long blond hair waving. [He] could only whisper, "Bye." He stared at her as she disappeared into the dark house, and suddenly a new emotion swept over him, one he had never felt before. He wanted to rush up to her and kiss her. He wanted her; he wanted her badly. She was perfect.
I'm really trying to save the 'love' portion of my series for later on (Books 3-5), but my main character is at the age where girls start to get noticed (a lot), so I can't completely put it off and I'm glad I didn't I really like these scenes, these somtimes-corny scenes. I can't wait to write the next one ... and the one I call the Big One. It's a scene that's coming far down the line, at the end of the series. (And, no, it's not my MC having sex. Then I don't want to read it.)

2 Comments:

  • I think the excerpt is sweet, full of promise for events "down the road."

    I can't write sex scenes. I have forum members trying to teach me, but they keep giggling at my efforts. I'm either going to have to learn it, send my character to a convent, or kill off her love interest.:)

    By Blogger Serena Joy, at June 27, 2006 4:41 PM  

  • PHM is HERE!!!

    By Blogger moonpunter, at June 30, 2006 7:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home